As we update, improve and expand the BoxTV Service, this policy may change, so please refer back to it periodically. By accessing the Site (www.boxtv.com) or otherwise using the BoxTV Service, you consent to collection, storage, and use of the personal information you provide (including any changes thereto as provided by you) for any of the services that we offer.
THE ENTITY respects the privacy of the users of the BoxTV Service and is committed to reasonably protect it in all respects. The information about the user as collected by THE ENTITY is: (a) information supplied by users and (b) information automatically tracked while navigation (collectively referred to as Information).
You should not access or use BoxTV Services by any means or technology which conceals your actual geo-location or is unable to provide accurate details of the location (for example, use a virtual. Private network (VPN) to access BoxTV Services).
To avail certain services on the BoxTV Service, users are required to provide certain personally identifiable information for the registration process which may include:- a) your name, b) email address, c) gender, d) date of birth, e) mobile number, f) password etc., and / or, interests, and the like. The Information as supplied by the users enables us to improve the BoxTV Service and provide you the most user-friendly experience.
All required information is service dependent and THE ENTITY may use the above said user Information to, maintain, protect, and improve the BoxTV Service (including advertising on the Site) and for developing new services. We may also use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent [with an option to subscribe / unsubscribe (where feasible)]. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major changes, for customer service purposes, billing, etc.).
In case you choose to decline to submit personally identifiable information on the Site, we may not be able to provide certain services on the Site to you. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the same at the time of opening your account. In any case, we will not be liable and or responsible for the denial of certain services to you for lack of you providing the necessary personal information.
When you register with the BoxTV Service, we contact you from time to time about updation of your personal information to provide the users such features that we believe may benefit / interest you.
- Information from your device
When you use BoxTV Services, we may also collect information from your device. This information includes the make and model of your device, the operating system of the device, software details, device IDs, IP address, information about your telecom network, last login details, geographical location.
To improve the responsiveness of the Site for our users, we may use "cookies", or similar electronic tools to collect information to assign each visitor a unique, random number as a User Identification (User ID) to understand the user's individual interests using the identified computer. Unless you voluntarily identify yourself (through registration, for example), we will have no way of knowing who you are, even if we assign a cookie to your computer. The only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply. A cookie cannot read data off your hard drive. Our advertisers may also assign their own cookies to your browser (if you click on their ads), a process that we do not control.
- Log File Information
Our web servers automatically collect limited information about your computer's connection to the Internet, including your mobile number, IP address, when you visit our site. Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data -- such as the web pages you view. Your IP address does not identify you personally.
- Clear GIFs
We may use "clear GIFs" (Web Beacons) to track the online usage patterns of our users in a anonymous manner, without personally identifying the user. We may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
We use this information to inter-alia deliver our web pages to you upon request, to tailor our Site to the interests of our users, to measure traffic within our Site, to improve the Site quality, functionality and interactivity and let advertisers know the geographic locations from where our visitors come.
When we present information to our advertisers -- to help them understand our audience and confirm the value of advertising on our website -- it is usually in the form of aggregated statistics on traffic to various pages / content within our Site.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number or other personally identifiable information) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
We do not provide any personally identifiable information to third party websites / advertisers / ad-servers without your consent.
The Information as supplied by the users enables us to (i) to provide you BoxTV Services, (ii) improve the App and/or the Services and provide you the most user-friendly experience, (iii) statistical analysis, (iv) show you personalised advertisements and other contents, (v) To send you marketing and promotional materials . All required information is service dependent and the Company may use the above said user Information to, maintain, protect, and improve the Services (including advertising on the App) and for developing new services.
We collects, uses, stores and processes Your information for any purpose as may be permissible under applicable laws (including where the applicable law provides for such collection, usage, storage or processes in accordance with the consent of the user) connected with a function or activity of each of Company or its group companies and shall include the following:
- to respond to Your inquiries or fulfil Your requests for information about the services offered on the App;
- to provide You with information about services available on the App and to send You information, materials, and offers from Company;
- to send You important information regarding the App, changes in terms and conditions, user agreements, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- to personalize Your experience on the App by presenting advertisements, products and offers tailored to Your preferences;
- to help You address Your problems incurred on the App including addressing any technical problems;
- for proper administering of the App;
- to conduct internal reviews and data analysis for the App (e.g., to determine the number of visitors to specific pages within the App);
- to improve the services, content and advertising on the App;
- to analyze how our services are used, to measure the effectiveness of advertisements
- to conducting academic research and surveys;
- to protect the integrity of the App;
- to respond to legal, judicial, quasi judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law;
- to conduct analytical studies on various aspects including user behaviour, user preferences etc.;
- to implement information security practices;
- to determine any security breaches, computer contaminant or computer virus;
- to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities and suspected fraud,
- to undertake forensics of the concerned computer resource as a part of investigation or internal audit;
- to trace computer resources or any person who may have contravened, or is suspected of having or being likely to contravene, any provision of law including the Information Technology Act, 2000 that is likely to have an adverse impact on the services provided on any App or by Company. You hereby agree and acknowledge that the Information so collected is for lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of Company and each of its group entities or any person on their respective behalf, and the collection of Information is necessary.
THE ENTITY shares the sensitive personal information with any third party without obtaining the prior consent of the User in the following limited circumstances:
- When it is requested or required by law or by any court or governmental/law enforcement agency or authority to disclose, for the purpose of verification of identity, or for the prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, or for prosecution and punishment of offences. These disclosures are made in good faith and belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary for enforcing these Terms or for complying with the applicable laws and regulations.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
All information gathered on the Site is securely stored within the Sites controlled database. The database is stored on servers secured behind a firewall; access to the servers is password-protected and is strictly limited. However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. And, of course, any information you include in a posting to the discussion areas is available to anyone with Internet access.
We may transfer, sell or assign any of the information described in this Privcay Policy to third parties as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets or reorganisation of our business.
Any complaints or concerns with regards to content and or comment or breach of these terms shall be taken up with the designated Grievance Officer as mentioned below via in writing or through email signed with the electronic signature
We request you to please provide the following information in your complaint:-
- Identification of the information provided by you
- Clear statement as to whether the information is personal information or sensitive personal information
- Your address, telephone number or e-mail address.
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the information has been processed incorrectly or disclosed without authorization, as the case may be
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notice is accurate, and that the information being complained about belongs to you.